Economy and EU on the agenda at Tory AGM
The economy and the EU were the hot topics at the recent annual general meeting for the Boston and Skegness Conservative Association.
MP Mark Simmonds spoke about the progress which he believed the coalition government had made on the economy since 2010, when he appeared at the event at the Vine Hotel, Skegness.
He told those gathered: “The private sector has created 1.2 million jobs and over 200,000 people have found a job through the work programme.
“The Government has raised the personal tax allowance, which will halve the income tax bill of those working full time on minimum wage, see an income tax cut for 24 million taxpayers and see two million taken out of tax.”
He also commented on the recent announcement that people in Britain will be given a referendum on the EU, arguing that British people should be given a say on the future of the country.
- UPDATE: Boston shop owner found guilty of selling dangerous cigarettes
- COURT RESULTS: Latest results from Boston Magistrates’ Court
- UPDATE: Drivers escape with ‘minor injuries’ from Hubberts Bridge collision
- Friend of double murder victims drove with no licence or insurance to ‘do right thing’ and offer lift to fellow mourner
- Video: Lucky number 13? Couple celebrate birth of triplets after 13 years trying for a baby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North