Pub’s pyjama event for kids and carers
A new campaign to provide bedtime packs to child carers aged 5-12 has been launched by a Boston Pub.
The Spirit of Endeavour’s Pyjama Project is taking place this week, which is National Storytelling Week until Saturday.
People are encouraged to donate children’s pyjamas or (good condition) bedtime books
Donations will be gifted to Honeypot, a charity that provides respite breaks for vulnerable children and young carers, giving them time away from the stresses of home life.
The pub’s marketing executive Amy Garrett said: “A bedtime read is one of the most magical times during childhood, but with 13,000 child carers caring for more than 50 hours a week each, these are children who all too often miss out on the wonder of storytelling.”
Hand donations in at the pub before Saturday or to buy donated items visit www.flamingofoundation.org/shop.
- UPDATE: Boston shop owner found guilty of selling dangerous cigarettes
- COURT RESULTS: Latest results from Boston Magistrates’ Court
- UPDATE: Drivers escape with ‘minor injuries’ from Hubberts Bridge collision
- Friend of double murder victims drove with no licence or insurance to ‘do right thing’ and offer lift to fellow mourner
- Video: Lucky number 13? Couple celebrate birth of triplets after 13 years trying for a baby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North