Tractor fire extinguished using hose pipe - but fire service issue safety warning
Firefighters have been called out to a tractor fire.
A crew from Donington attended the scene at farm on North Drove, Quadring, around 6.40pm yesterday.
They confirmed it had been extinguished by the owner using a hose pipe.
Firefighters checked for any remaining signs of fire.
The service said the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
Following the call the fire service said: “We would always advise that you wait for the crews rather than dealing with a fire yourself. Your safety should always come first.” Firefighters have been called out to a tractor fire.
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 37 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east