Village hall and car park plan passed
A controversial scheme for a new village car park in Mareham le Fen has been given the green light by East Lindsey District Council.
Members voted overwhelmingly in favour of the scheme – despite officers recommending they turn it down at the authority’s recent planning meeting.
Ward representative Coun Janet Harrison said the new hall – at the two-acre Glebe Field, off Horncastle Road – would be used for meetings and recreation and also for twice-weekly surgeries by GPs from their practice in Coningsby.
Members disagreed with case officer Paul Thompson, who argued that the proposed building would not look right near the Grade II Listed St Helen’s Church and that there would be noise disturbance to neighbours from banging car doors.
The new building will replace the village’s existing 100-year-old tin-and-timber hall, which is considered to be past it sell-by date.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: South west