Globetrotting pianist’s visit to Swineshead concert
A Chinese pianist who has played across the globe will be visiting Swineshead Village Hall for the next Windmill Studio Concert next Friday.
Pianist Vivian Choi was born in Macao and grew up in Hong Kong.
She came to England as an Associated Board scholar to study with Kendall Taylor at the Royal College of Music, where she was winner of the Hopkinson Gold Medal and Dan Reuther Concerto Prize.
She later completed an MMus in Theory and Analysis at King’s College, London, and a Doctor of Musical Arts degree (Performance) at State University of New York at Stony Brook.
She has won a number of awards as a pianist, including first prize at the Washington International Competition in Washington DC.
Vivian has given recitals and broadcasts in the Far East, Europe and USA and is a keen player of chamber and contemporary music.
She has performed at festivals such as the International Society of Contemporary Music World Music Days and has recorded contemporary piano works and a solo CD of Ravel’s piano works.
Vivian is based in Cambridge and currently works with students from the Royal College of Music Junior Department, Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts and Anglia Ruskin University.
At the Swineshead music concert next Thursday Vivian will be performing works by Beethoven, Debussy, Schumann, Albeniz and Liszt.
The performance starts at 7.30pm. Entry is £12 adult, free for students.
Windmill Studio Concerts are organised by Bettina Houlder.
Details: call 01205 820246.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: South west