Students at Boston College could soon benefit from revamped facilities – after an application to extend its Skirbeck Road site was given the go ahead.
College bosses had drawn up plans for a new reception area, library and student services building at the Rochford Campus site.
Additional car parking spaces are also included in the plans which are part of an overall expansion plan which will see all students moved over from the De Montfort Campus.
Plans passed by Boston Borough Council show a new reception and waiting area, management offices and student services with ancillary plant room, cleaners store and kitchenettes on the ground-floor and a foyer and reception, large open-plan library and three quiet study areas to the first-floor and circulation areas on both storeys.
There is also a glazed link proposed to connect the new building to the existing main building.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west