Motorists are facing lengthy delays on the A52 from next week – with a programme of works planned to fix the busy route.
Resurfacing work is taking place on the stretch between Station Road and Boston Road at Kirton Holme between March 21 and April 5.
That work should be underway from 7am and 8pm.
The county council had originally annouced it would start on Monday but, due to the bad weather, it has been delayed until Thursday.
Two-way traffic lights will be in place and motorists will be shown safe access through the works by a convoy vehicle.
The road will then be closed between between Kirton Holme Road and Fenhouse Drove, from Tuesday April 2 – Friday April 5 to resurface it.
Arthur Pearson, principal engineer, said: “We may need to keep the traffic lights in place overnight on some nights to keep motorists and our workforce safe. This traffic management will be removed for the weekends and the bank holiday.”
Motorists travelling east towards Boston will be diverted from Bicker Bar roundabout, along the A17 to the A17/A16 Algarkirk roundabout, then on the A16 into town.
Motorists travelling west will be diverted from Sleaford Road roundabout, along the A1121 Boardsides, then south to Bicker Bar roundabout.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west