Much of Boston town centre was plunged into darkness on Monday evening, when a power cut hit 1,100 properties in the area.
The lights went off at about 7.40pm and engineers got them back on within the hour, according to providers Western Power Distribution.
During that time areas affected included Wide Bargate, West Street and John Adams Way.
Alarms could be heard ringing around the town centre as a result of the power outage, which was caused by a fault in one of the underground cables, but a spokesman did not know where it had occurred.
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 35 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North