Friday, 5.30pm: Heavy traffic along John Adams Way in Boston was caused by a collapsed manhole cover according to county highways officers.
A spokesman told The Standard that a problem was discovered with a manhole along the busy road at about 11am. The spokesman said it was ‘fixed as a matter of urgency’ and that the issue has now been resolved.
Friday, 2.30pm: Motorists have reported heavy traffic throughout Boston town centre today.
Big queues have formed on John Adams Way between Horncastle Road and Liquorpond Street this lunch time, as well as on side roads off it including Penn Street and Tawney Street.
Police told The Standard that there have been no reported incidents in the town and Lincolnshire County Council’s highways department is also unaware of any problems that may have prompted the delays.
Were you caught in the congestion? Did it impact on your day? Post your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe and well in Boston
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- COURT RESULTS: Latest Boston cases before the courts
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west