Motorists should know where to park in the newly-refurbished Boston Market Place because they have ‘passed their driving test and read their Highway Code’ - that’s the message from a top councillor.
Portfolio holder for town centre development and management, toilets, car parks and markets Derek Richmond made the comments during an interview at the official opening of the £2 million refurbished market today.
He said: “I would assume imagine that everybody driving through here, has passed their driving test and if they’ve read their Highway Code they know what the parking rules are anyway.
“So it’s a bit naive to say that they don’t know where they can park and where they can’t park.”
The official unveiling of the bronze plaque which marked the completion of the Market Place included people from agencies involved in the refurbishment.
See the video to hear the views of coun Richmond and head of planning Steve Lumb.
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- Missing man ‘may have returned to Boston’
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
- Legal firm warns cuts could be ‘death knell’ for profession
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west