An alleged shoplifter has jumped into the Maud Foster drain in Boston to evade police capture.
A police spokesman said it is believed the man, in his 60s, had stolen from Morrissons in Boston Shopping Park and jumped into the water while fleeing the scene.
He was recovered from the river and taken to Pilgrim Hospital for a check-up.
- UPDATE: Boston shop owner found guilty of selling dangerous cigarettes
- COURT RESULTS: Latest results from Boston Magistrates’ Court
- UPDATE: Drivers escape with ‘minor injuries’ from Hubberts Bridge collision
- Friend of double murder victims drove with no licence or insurance to ‘do right thing’ and offer lift to fellow mourner
- Video: Lucky number 13? Couple celebrate birth of triplets after 13 years trying for a baby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east