A sneak-in burglar was caught on his victim’s home security cameras, Lincoln Crown Court was told yesterday (Monday).
John Perry took advantage of an unlocked window to reach inside the property in York Street, Boston, while the occupant slept, unaware of what was happening.
Phil Howes, prosecuting, said that Perry, who was with another man, then fled empty-handed.
But the following morning the victim checked his CCTV system and spotted Perry climbing through the rear window at 3.25am.
Mr Howes said: “Perry opened the window and put his head inside. He then jumped down and crept away.”
The prosecutor told the court that Perry had convictions for over 100 previous offences, including 25 house burglaries and 40 commercial burglaries.
The 39-year-old, of Middlecott Close, Boston, admitted burglary with intent to steal on July 31 and asked for further burglaries at Yarborough Road and Solway Avenue, Wyberton, to be taken into consideration.
He has been jailed for three years.
Michael Cranmer-Brown, defending, said that Perry has been diagnosed with mental health problems which were linked to his use of illicit drugs.
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 37 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east