A clubber accused of sexually assaulting a woman on a night out in Boston was cleared at Lincoln Crown Court.
Roman Rak was alleged to have twice groped the woman inside the After Dark night club in Boston after making unwanted advances towards her.
The prosecution also alleged he pinned the woman to the ground and sat astride her before carrying out a third sexual assault.
Rak, 31, of Belcanto Court, Spalding denied three charges of sexual assault on June 24 2012 and was acquitted yesterday (Tuesday).
He admitted a charge of common assault and was given a six month conditional discharge.
Rak was arrested after being detained by door staff at the club.
He told officers: “We just had a cuddle and fell over together. I don’t even know her.”
Later he said he probably tripped and said he could not recall groping any woman in the club.
Earlier Caroline Bradley, prosecuting, told the jury that the woman made it clear that she was not interested in Rak and recruited a male friend to pose as her boyfriend in a bid to deter him.
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe and well in Boston
- COURT RESULTS: Latest Boston cases before the courts
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west