Driver ‘didn’t know he was banned’

News from the Boston Standard, Lincolnshire: bostonstandard.co.uk, on Twitter @standardboston
News from the Boston Standard, Lincolnshire: bostonstandard.co.uk, on Twitter @standardboston

A motorist charged with driving while disqualified claimed he had no idea he was banned, magistrates heard.

Darius Bacys, of Rose Place, Boston, had been disqualified for totting up points on his licence in December. However, the 43-year-old claims he did not know about it, as the summons for the case had gone to his previous address, his solicitor said. 
But when police spotted him driving in Lister Way on March 9, their computer showed he had a six-month ban. He admitted it when he appeared before Boston Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday. He was fined £200 and told to pay £40 costs and a £20 surcharge. He also got a three-month ban, to run concurrently with the other one.