A man faced magistrates last week after he was found to be drunk in a Fishtoft street while in charge of a young baby.
Joseph Ruby was carrying a nine-month-old baby girl when he tried to evade arrest in Ward Crescent on January 29, Boston Magistrates’ Court was told.
On Wednesday, he admitted being drunk in a public place while having charge of a child under seven and also pleaded guilty to resisting an officer with the intention to resist arrest.
Edward Johnson, prosecuting, said police had been called to the scene and they arrived to find the 26-year-old in the street with the child.
He said: “He used the baby as a ploy to resist arrest. He was clearly in drink at that time.”
But Andrew Goldsborough, defending, said Ruby, of Ward Crescent, Fishtoft, was not thinking straight as he had been drinking.
He added: “He accepts he was under the influence of drink, which affected his thinking. The officers wished to take him to to the floor to restrain him and he accepts lashing out.”
Ruby is also charged with assault, but denies the allegation. He will be sentenced for these offences after he has faced trial for the assault later in the year.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west