The chief constable of Greater Manchester Police has been drafted in to investigate the ‘potential conduct matter’ which saw Lincolnshire Police’s chief constable Neil Rhodes suspended.
According to a statement from the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire, Alan Hardwick this afternoon, Sir Peter Fahy has been brought in as investigating officer.
As reported, Mr Rhodes was suspended from his role on February 26 by Alan Hardwick over ‘potential conduct matters’ and the IPCC announced on Monday that they would not be investigating.
They ruled that the matter does require investigation but ‘does not amount to serious corruption or misconduct which would merit an IPCC investigation’.
Therefore the matter went back to Mr Hardwick who has in turn drafted in Sir Peter Fahy.
A statement from Mr Hardwick said: “I am pleased to appoint Sir Peter Fahy to conduct an independent and rigorous investigation and I look forward to receiving his findings in due course.”
Sir Peter Fahy, 54, was knighted in 2012 for services to policing and became the top cop at Greater Manchester Police in September 2008.
Neil Rhodes’ suspension was the first time a Police and Crime Commissioner has acted to suspend a chief constable since the role was created nationally in November.
Alec Wood has stepped in as acting chief constable for Lincolnshire.
More information will follow as we get it.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west