The identity of a man pulled from the River Haven in Boston on Monday (5 June) has yet to be discovered.
A spokesman for the coroners office has said attempts to find out the mans identity have so far had no result.
Wednesday, 5.59pm – Police say they are not treating the death of the man whose body was discovered in the River Haven at Boston this week as suspicious. A post mortem examination has taken place today following the recovery of a man’s body from the River Haven on Monday.
Following that officers have confimed that they are not treating the death as suspicious.
The cause of death remains unexplained pending pathology results and is subject to a coroner’s inquiry.
Police are still trying to formally identify the body.
Wednesday 5pm: A post-mortem examination has taken place on the body of a man pulled from the River Haven yesterday (Tuesday).
The identity of the white male is yet to be confirmed, however investigations are ongoing.
It is thought his identity should be known by the end of the week.
Tuesday, 4.17pm – The body of a man has been recovered from the River Haven in Boston.
Harbour staff at Boston Docks alerted police to the body shortly after 3pm yesterday and officers began a ‘recovery operation’.
A force spokesman said the body of a white male was recovered from the water during the early evening. It is thought the body was found further towards the sea, close to the Pilgrim Father’s Memorial.
A post mortem examination will take place tomorrow morning and the death is being treated as unexplained in the meantime.
Inquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the deceased.