A drink-driver was caught out when he got behind the wheel in full sight of Boston Police Station after an afternoon of drinking, a court was told.
Linas Urbonas was spotted staggering out of his car on Lincoln Lane by officers, before he got back in and turned it around in the middle of the road, Boston Magistrates’ Court was told on Wednesday.
He was arrested and found to have 103 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.
Beris Brickles, defending, said he had been out drinking in the afternoon and had been moving his car, as his home was nearby. He added that he had been compliant with the police.
Urbonas, 38, of Irby Street, Boston, admitted the offence on December 14.
He was fined £375, given a £38 surcharge and £85 costs and banned from driving for 24 months.
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
- GALLERY: Cancer Horse and Dog Show
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- VIDEO UPDATE: Slow moving load caused tailbacks on the A17
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west