Jurors are to return to Lincoln Crown Court in the mornin to continue deliberating in the trial of the Boston man accused on murdering a sex attacker.
The jury of seven women and five men spent almost two hours this afternoon considering the evidence in the trial of 38 year old Stephen Sleaford but were sent home for the day after being unable to reach a verdict.
They will return to the court in the morning to continue their deliberations.
Sleaford is alleged to have stabbed 48 year old factory worker Janusz Smoderek after intervening when he discovered the Polish factory worker molesting an 18 year old girl in the Fitness First area of Boston.
Sleaford denies murder on September 11 2011 and told the jury that he simply took a knife from Mr Smoderek and played no part in his death.
The hearing continues.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west