Dog rescued during car port fire

0
Have your say

A PET dog was rescued by fire fighters during a blaze started by an electrical fault last night (Tuesday).

Emergency services were called to the property on the A52, in Frampton Fen, at about 6.46pm last night where a single story car port containing a Peugeot 307 had caught fire.

Five engines attended and 25 firefighters tackled the blaze which spread to an adjoining property.

A pet mixed-breed white dog was saved from a kennel in the rear garden during the blaze.

Severe damage was caused to 100 per cent of the car port and 12 metres of fencing.

The fire also damaged a number of uPVC windows.

A police spokesman said the Peugeot was a write-off.

The cause is believed to be an electrical fault in a fluorescent light within the car port.