Fire at village chip shop

Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.

A village chip shop has been severely damaged in a fire.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted that crews from Donington, Kirton, Spalding and Boston were called to the chippy in South Street, Swineshead, at about 5.50pm yesterday (Tuesday).

It said firefighters extinguished the blaze using two hose reel jets and one main jet.

The fire was said to have been caused by a build up of fat in the extractor system.

No-one was injured, the service added.