Firefighters called to chimney fire in Boston

Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.

Firefighters in Boston were called to a chimney fire yesterday.

However, on arrival at a property in Horace Street at 6pm, the fire was out.

It was caused by a build up of soot in the chimney breast.

Before winter, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue offered tips on preventing such fires after attending almost 190 incidents the previous year.

Debbie Robinson, deputy community fire safety manager at Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, said: “In order to keep you and your family safe from fire, you need to take necessary steps, including making sure your chimney is swept regularly, as well as making sure you have a working smoke and carbon monoxide alarm in your home.”