Food fire damages communal kitchen

News from the Boston Standard, Lincolnshire: bostonstandard.co.uk, on Twitter @standardboston
News from the Boston Standard, Lincolnshire: bostonstandard.co.uk, on Twitter @standardboston

A food fire in the kitchen of a Boston property caused smoke damage to the communal kitchen.

Fire crews from Boston were called out to the house on Castle Road at around 8.15pm yesterday, but when they arrived they found the occupant had stopped the fire by removing the food from the oven, where it had been left unattended and set alight.

Minor smoke damage was caused to the communal kitchen area.

Firefighters isolated the electricity supply and carried out in inspection.