Charitable bikers deliver toys to children
Caring bikers from the Boston area have taken to the roads to help two local children’s charitable causes.
Boston Motorcycle Riders Association took part in the annual toy run to Pilgrim Hospital to deliver gifts to youngsters on the children’s ward.
Fifteen riders plus pillions and passengers gathered at The Hammer and Pincers pub for a breakfast before embarking on their ride out to Pilgrim.
And for the first time this year, the group also rode out to Boston Women’s Aid (BWA) refuge.
The first part was a ride through the town to the Christmas Market, where donations were presented to representatives of BWA.
BWA manager Lynn Mitchell said: “Boston Women’s Aid would like to thank Jane Carrott and all the members of the Boston Motorcycle Riders Association for choosing to support BWA in their fifth annual toy run.
“Everyone at BWA was bowled over with the wonderful gifts received. The gifts will be given to the women and children, who have fled domestic abuse who will be resident at Christmas in the two safe houses.”
She added: “In these austere times it was more touching than ever that organisations and individuals still ‘dug deep in their pockets’ to help those in need.”
Following the mayor’s welcoming speech, the riders formed behind the Peterborough Pipe Band to process through the festive market and shopping precinct. They then rode out to the hospital, presenting the toys donated by the riders to the children’s ward, much to the delight of both staff and patients.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: South west