Family’s funding boost for Pilgrim Hospital’s breast unit
The family of a former patient at Pilgrim Hospital’s breast unit has handed it a £670 boost following a fundraising dance.
Samantha Trimingham and Vicki Wilson raised the money through the event which was held at Billinghay Village Hall in memory of their mother who died of breast cancer.
Money was raised by ticket sales and a raffle in which local businesses and members of the public donated items to.
Over the past ten years the family has raised over £7,000 for the Boston Breast Unit.
Samantha Trimingham, said: “We were delighted by the amount that was raised for the Boston Breast Unit and would like to thank everyone who attended the event and donated items to the raffle.”
Cheryl Drayton, Breast Unit secretary, thanked the family and said: “It is a fantastic sum of money and will be used to purchase Lipo Modelling Equipment, which is used for breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery.”
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- Missing man ‘may have returned to Boston’
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
- Legal firm warns cuts could be ‘death knell’ for profession
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west