Pilgrim Hospital’s coronary care team raises £683
The local Coronary Care team at Pilgrim Hospital Boston supported the British Heart Foundation (BHF) in National Heart Month this February by organising a Rock Up In Red event, raising £683.00.
Ward Sister jenny Simpson said: “We raised money to support Rock Up In Red, the BHF’s fundraising campaign which encourages people across the UK to think about their hearts and raise money to save lives.”
There are more than 2.7 million people in the UK currently suffering with heart disease and it is the UK’s single biggest killer.
It kills one in six men and one in nine women and is responsible for almost 80,000 deaths in the UK each year, an average of 220 people each day.
Jenny said “We got involved because we work every day with heart patients and know how important the work of the British Heart Foundation is . It was incredibly easy to organise the event and we had a lot of fun on the day. We are proud to have raised £683.00 for the nation’s heart charity in National Heart Month and to have helped the BHF continue its life-saving work.”
Helena Mair local fundraising manager for the BHF in Lincolnshire said: “A huge thanks to everyone at the Pilgrim Hospital for organising the day and supporting our work.”
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: South west