I wish to comment on the ‘Word on the Web’ remarks by users of Eastwood Road on the recent proposals for traffic calming.
I am sure that I am not alone among the residents of that road in knowing that traffic calming of some form is very much needed.
However, being given only a few days to comment on a ready-made scheme which it became apparent the highways department were going to bulldoze through in record time meant that most people objected so that a better thought out solution could be found.
Does the Freiston reader really want to drive through 10 chicanes along Eastwood Road - giving way at five of them and finding the others clogged up by buses and HGVs because they were so close together? Surely a sledge-hammer to crack a nut?
Eastwood Road resident
Name & address supplied
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west