The recently-installed chief executive of the United Lincolnshire NHS Hospital Trust wanted it out of special measures by Spring 2014.
Jane Lewington told a press conference 100 milestones had been completed out of a total of 261 set by the trust which runs the Pilgrim Hospital as it aimed to turn its fortunes around. She vowed the trust would need to ‘up the pace’ to hit its target.
○ A woman who suffers from a fear of spiders had a big fright – when she discovered one of the headline-grabbing venomous ‘false widows’ at her home in Kirton. The discovery was said to have been the first in Lincolnshire
Pictured is Ben Brighton of Lincspest with the spider.
○ Bostonians were among the least satisfied people with their lives in the country, new Government figures showed.
The latest data from David Cameron’s ‘happiness index’ showed only seven local authority areas in the country had a lower score than Boston for life satisfaction.
○ The post office announced its plans to move into WH Smith. They were branded ‘ridiculous’.
○ Police got tough on truants with a targeted campaign on youths in town.
○ Graham the cat appeared in the national press after featuring in the Standard.
The ginger and white tom regularly made his home at Boston’s Pets at Home store – waiting for it to open then cheekily helping himself to toys and treats.