DCSIMG

Another anti-Quadrant banner destroyed

News.

News.

Campaigners against the Quadrant development in Wyberton have seen another one of their banners destroyed.

The group says its large poster near the Spirit of Endeavour pub was damaged at some point over the weekend.

The banner – which calls for people to vote against the development in a forthcoming parish referendum – has now been replaced and the matter has been reported to the police.

Last week the group’s banner in Saundergate Lane East was torn down and three small signs have also been taken down.

The banners have been made professionally at a cost of £80-100 to the group.

Campaigner Sue Bell said: “Wyberton is now a police hot spot because they have had so many of these crimes in a small space of time.”

She feels the incidents merely reflect badly on her opponents, says the acts are ‘childish’.

She added: “If they want to protest they can have their own banners up.”

The Quadrant development, by Chestnut Homes, includes 500 houses and a new home for Boston United off the A16.

The parish referendum is due to take place at Wyberton Village Hall on June 19, from 4-9pm.

It will determine whether or not the parish is in favour of the Quadrant but may not necessarily alter the decision.

A police spokesman confirmed reports for criminal damage have been recorded.

Anyone with information should call police on 101.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news