DCSIMG

‘Carelessly discarded smoking materials’ believed to have caused town centre blaze

Scene of the fire in Pump Square, by reader Darren Ruck

Scene of the fire in Pump Square, by reader Darren Ruck

The fire service believes ‘carelessly discarded smoking materials’ caused a blaze at a town centre office in Boston last night (Tuesday).

At 11.08pm whole-time and retained crews from Boston, and also Kirton, attended a building fire in Pump Square.

The service reported severe fire damage to a wooden desk, computer and TV within a ground-floor office.

There was also severe smoke damage to the remainder of the ground-floor.

Crews used a Cobra Cold Cut, hose reel and four breathing apparatus to tackle the fire. They also used two thermal imaging cameras to locate the blaze.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page