A family event is being organised to bring together the various cultural communities in Boston.
The group ‘Boston Lithuanian Community’ is organising a free day of activities to celebrate International Children’s Day on June 1.
The group’s chairman Jurate Matulioniene is inviting all local communities.
“It’s a good time to remind the world how all children are important for us,” she said. “Let’s make their life better and let them feel happier.”
The event will include a variety of children’s activities, games and competitions, along with live entertainment and stalls.
“We are planning to do something really special – but we will need some support,” she said.
“We are looking for sponsorship and for local businesses to get involved by offering prizes for us to give away iun the compeititons.”
Jurate is an English teacher, holding adult language classes and ‘language and awareness’ lessons for children at Fydell House.
She said the group aims to bring together people of different cultures in the town , hoping to break down some of the misconceptions.
The group recently held a pancake day event with about 50 Lithuanians and English, taking part and learning about various traditions for the day.
For more details call Jurate on 075656 17039.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west