Council tax is to come under the spotlight in a meeting at the town’s municipal buildings this evening.
Boston Borough Council’s overview and scrutiny committee into corporate and community issues is to discuss matters around the proposed council tax support scheme set to be brought in next year.
Changes are being made to the current support system in light of an upcoming drop in Government funding, which will lead to a budget shortfall of around £95,000.
In a bid to deal with the lower funding, the authority is proposing to reduce the amount of council tax benefit available to eligible residents by 25 per cent. The change could affect more than 3,000 in the borough.
Check the website tomorrow for more on this story.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west