A border collie was rescued from a reservoir in Algarkirk by fire services on Saturday.
A spokesman said a ‘ceiling hook’ - a long stick with a hook on the end - was used by a crew from Kirton at about 8am.
A specialist rescue team was called out but the dog was safe and well by the time they arrived.
It is understood the dog was called Tess.
It is unknown how the animal got into the reservoir.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west