Running man Paul Garner has raised thousands of pounds for charity over recent years – and he is preparing to do the same again.
The 52-year-old, who lives in Wyberton, is strapping on his trainers as he gets ready to run the London Marathon and raise money for the NSPCC.
It will be the first time Paul has attempted the London Marathon, but he is entering into it with optimism and high-spirits.
He said: “If I don’t get into it now and have a go, I might not be able to. You get too old.
“I’ve got a good training plan, and as long as I don’t get an injury from it, I think I’ll be fine.”
Paul chose to raise money for the NSPCC as it is a charity which his wife Sue supports. He added he thought it was important to support a charity like this, which helps increasing numbers of young people.
He is trying to raise £2,000, and has approached several companies for sponsorship, including Western Power Distribution, where he works.
Visit www.virgin moneygiving\paulgarner1 if you would like to help.
- UPDATE: Boston shop owner found guilty of selling dangerous cigarettes
- COURT RESULTS: Latest results from Boston Magistrates’ Court
- UPDATE: Drivers escape with ‘minor injuries’ from Hubberts Bridge collision
- Friend of double murder victims drove with no licence or insurance to ‘do right thing’ and offer lift to fellow mourner
- Video: Lucky number 13? Couple celebrate birth of triplets after 13 years trying for a baby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North