Plans to build four holiday cottages on land at Old Leake Commonside has been refused on the grounds it was unsuitable for the area.
Developers wanted to build the lodges on land off Cowbridge Lane, along with an access road to allow holidaymakers to get to the site.
But planners at Boston Borough Council said the lane would not provide satisfactory access as the increased traffic could lead to unsafe driving conditions.
They added that as most of the movements in and out of the site would be by car, it would not be a very sustainable development, and said that if this application was passed it could make it difficult to refuse future applications for similar sites.
In the application, the developer said the lodges would be perfectly situated for visitors to make the most of the Lincolnshire countryside and enjoy the county’s towns and seaside resorts, including Boston and Skegness.
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- Missing man ‘may have returned to Boston’
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
- Legal firm warns cuts could be ‘death knell’ for profession
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west