CRAFTY organisers of an popular event in Frampton have managed to raise a whopping £1,373 for the village church funds.
Wet weather at the 18th annual craft fair at St Mary’s Church didn’t put off the visitors – with about 300 turning out on the day to buy trinkets and early Christmas gifts.
“It was fantastic and the atmosphere was absolutely magical,” said organiser Val Halgarth.
“We had almost 300 people thoughout the day.”
Visitors were able to browse 21 craft stalls featuring hand-made items and cakes.
There was also a raffle and tombola and hot homemade soup and bacon rolls served.
“Well done to Val Halgarth and all the team at St Mary’s Church, it was a resounding success,” said church reader John Marshall.
“The smell of hot soup and bacon rolls was irresistible – not to mention the freshly baked cakes.”
He added: “Thank you to the stall holders and all who supported this event in any way.
Thanks was offered to Quentin and Chantal Davies – Lord and Lady Davies – for opening the event.
The money raised will go towards repairing the church roof which was targeted by lead thieves twice last year.
Mr Marshall said the repair bill for this runs into thousands of pounds.
Frampton’s St Mary’s Church was built around 1350. However, records show there was a church at the site from 1086, believed to have been a wooden structure which was later replaced by stone. Major restoration work was carried out in 1889.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west