United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, which runs Boston’s Pilgrim Hospital, is to be investigated by a Government body in relation to high death rates.
The trust has fallen under scrutiny in the fallout from the a report published into deaths within Mid-Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust.
It is one of 14 trusts now under investigation following the inquiry because they have higher than expected death rates, according to a scale known as the Hospital Standardised Mortality Ratio (HSMR).
A spokesman for the trust said the investigation was a welcome development, as it would provide the opportunity to demonstrate improvements at hospitals in the area.
He added: “Our mortality figures have improved significantly in the last year.”
See Wednesday’s paper for more on this story,
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe and well in Boston
- COURT RESULTS: Latest Boston cases before the courts
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west