These youngsters have got the right idea when it comes to making the most of Shrove Tuesday.
They gathered at Boston’s Holy Trinity Church on Saturday to enjoy a pancake party in advance of the event today, which was arranged to make sure as many children as possible could take part.
Groups cooked, covered and ate their pancakes, and it was all ‘flipping’ good fun.
Shrove Tuesday marks the day before lent, when luxury food items are put away until Easter celebrations. Pancakes are traditionally eaten on this day as they were a way to use up rich foods in anticipation of the 40-day fasting period.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west