I note with (very little) interest the thoughts of the Conservative voice of (very little) political experience, Tom Ashton.
I look forward to his campaigning in 2013 for the county council or 2015, for the borough council when, I feel sure, the electorate will tell him exactly what they think of his liking for large pay increases for borough councillors.
The public are not fools. They will have noted Mr Ashton’s silence on this issue in the past, right up to the time the Conservatives would be the biggest beneficiary of such profligate distribution of their Council Tax.
It is, however, possible for members to forego any part of their differing allowances.
I am hoping that many of those select councillors awarded these latest 10 per cent + 10 per cent increases will choose to do so.
Coun Richard Leggott
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 37 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east