A man charged with a double murder in Boston will go on trial before a High Court judge in December.
Mehmet Ali Ozen, 41, denies the murders of Charlotte Piccaver, 26, and Darren Harwood, also 26.
The charges follow an incident at a property in Red Lion Street, Boston, early on the morning of Sunday 21 April this year.
A hearing at Lincoln Crown Court was today (Fri) told the case had been allocated to a senior High Court judge on the Midlands court circuit because it involves two deaths.
Mr Justice Flaux will preside over the jury trial which will begin at Lincoln Crown Court on December 9.
Over a dozen witnesses are expected to be called during the trial which is expected to last for two weeks.
Speaking through a Turkish interpreter, Ozen, of Red Lion Street, Boston, spoke only to confirm his name during the ten minute hearing.
There was no application for bail and Judge Michael Heath remanded Ozen in to custody until the start of his trial.
Judge Heath told Ozen: “You will next appear at this court on December 9 when your trial will begin.”
Ozen also denies the attempted murder of Keyleigh Wright, 24, on the same date in April.
Charlotte Piccaver, from Spalding, was pronounced dead at the scene and Darren Harwood died later in the Pilgrim Hospital, Boston. Both had suffered stab wounds.
Keyleigh Wright was taken to the same hospital where she was treated for less serious injuries.