Landlords with empty homes in East Lindsey are being urged to get on board with a new scheme to get people into new homes.
Waterloo Housing Group has teamed up with East Lindsey District Council to lease empty properties from landlords who may not be in a position to refurbish them – so the homes can then be let out to a tenant.
Funding the scheme has come from the Homes and Communities Agency, and enough has been provided to refurbish an initial 10 homes.
Once a property is rented out, Waterloo Housing would insure it, maintain it and provide a regular and agreed rental agreement to the landlord.
After six years it would be handed back in an improved condition.
Anyone interested should contact Helen Wright at East Lindsey District Council on 01507 613148 or download an application form from the council’s website at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk.
- UPDATE: Boston shop owner found guilty of selling dangerous cigarettes
- COURT RESULTS: Latest results from Boston Magistrates’ Court
- UPDATE: Drivers escape with ‘minor injuries’ from Hubberts Bridge collision
- Friend of double murder victims drove with no licence or insurance to ‘do right thing’ and offer lift to fellow mourner
- Video: Lucky number 13? Couple celebrate birth of triplets after 13 years trying for a baby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North