The accident and emergency department at Boston’s Pilgrim Hospital is set for massive investment over the coming months.
A total of £100,000 is to be spent on the department over the coming months, providing the area with new flooring and improved security systems. It will also go some way to resolving current manual handling issues at the site and work to update the nurses’ station in the department to try to make it more ‘user-friendly’.
Nurse consultant Helen Callaghan said: “The money will be very useful, allowing us to make relatively small changes that should make a big difference to the staff and patients of Pilgrim’s emergency department. It’s about making the whole environment safer and more secure.”
Work will take place soon.
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
- GALLERY: Cancer Horse and Dog Show
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- VIDEO UPDATE: Slow moving load caused tailbacks on the A17
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west