A near-hour long rescue has taken place to retrieve an injured swan after it became trapped on an island in the middle of a nature reserve.
Fire crews attended the reserve at Frampton Marsh to rescue the animal from the middle of a lake.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the RSPCA called the service for help and that five members of the Boston Water Rescue Team attended.
They said the rescue lasted from 2.55pm until 3.48pm and that the team used a four metre boat to get to the injured swan.
The RSPCA has taken the injured swan to be cared for.
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 37 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east