Confusion reigned over traffic and parking in Boston Market Place with concerns for public safety – and readers were telling authorities to sort it out.
Illegal parking, pedestrians feeling unsafe and vehicles causing obstructions had become a daily occurrence in the £2 million revamped Market Place.
Authorities pointed to police as being responsible for parking outside the bays at the time.
Police said they had issued 40 tickets and were monitoring the situation.
○ A hidden camera was being set up in Central Park in a bid to catch trouble-makers.
The borough council made the decision to deploy a roving hidden camera in the park after a spate of attacks over the summer.
○ It was revealed that one in eight children in Boston were obese before they even started school – and numbers were increasing as they got older.
Figures released by Lincolnshire County Council revealed the proportion of reception age youngsters who were obese was higher in this area than the national average of just below 10 per cent.
○ A local bird and his owner had become a bit of a celebrity around town.
Colin Martin caused a flutter as he wandered around town with Percy the Parrot on his shoulder performing tricks.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west