The Standard relaunched this month with a whole new look - and the team took to the Market Place to promote the relaunched title.
The new format aimed to be easier to read and had several added features including a cinema page, a Government-backed jobs page and sports from the past.
○ A hot topic this month was Boston Borough Council’s report into the effect population change had had on life in Boston.
The council put forward 28 recommendations for tackling various issues arising from the influx of migrant workers over the last decade.
It followed a four-month inquiry into evidence given by community figures regarding positive and negative aspects of population change.
However, campaigners disagreed with the report and decided to continue with a postponed protest.
○ A town police inspector decried the new look Market Place, saying the changes had made the area dangerous and confusing.
Insp Dave Rimmer (above) said the refurbished area was not user-friendly and suggested that could be the reason behind parking disorder.
○ A public hustings took place at Haven High for people to question the candidates in the Police and Crime Commissioner race.
They squared off in a full debate covering police visibility, drugs and street drinking.
Alan Hardwick went on to win the election a month later.
- UPDATE: Boston shop owner found guilty of selling dangerous cigarettes
- COURT RESULTS: Latest results from Boston Magistrates’ Court
- UPDATE: Drivers escape with ‘minor injuries’ from Hubberts Bridge collision
- Friend of double murder victims drove with no licence or insurance to ‘do right thing’ and offer lift to fellow mourner
- Video: Lucky number 13? Couple celebrate birth of triplets after 13 years trying for a baby
- REVIEW: Doctor Who Nightmare in Silver
- UKIP councillor responds to criticism from Channel 4’s Charlie Brooker
- ‘Significant’ housing plan could bring hundreds more people to Boston town centre
- Councillors set to decide future of PRSA, with closure option explored
- LETTER; UKIP winners have big shoes to fill
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east