Long-term tenants living in social housing in Boston could be facing a shake-up in the way they are housed, following proposals from Boston Borough Council.
The authority announced plans to limit the length of tenancies offered to meet increasing need in the area.
It means that new tenants or existing ones moving into different accommodation will now be offered five-year tenancies.
According to the housing strategy, which was discussed at a meeting last week, it would avoid the issue of people remaining in homes which were too big for their needs.
The change will shortly go out to public consultation through the council’s website.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: South west