A two-month police project to tackle street drinking in Boston town centre has resulted in a ‘significant reduction in related incidents’, officers have claimed.
The inspector behind the initiative said he and his team and had enjoyed positive results since it started in October, and stressed that the work will continue now the original plan has ended.
Insp Dave Rimmer said: “We have worked hard to reduce the amount of people engaging in street drinking and associated anti-social behaviour, and we have seen some positive results. Whilst the focus of officers in the town centre is now on the pre-Christmas initiative, I can reassure the public that this will involve a highly visible presence and they will continue to deal with any persons engaging in any alcohol related anti-social behaviour. The public can be confident that alcohol related anti-social behaviour will always be a key priority for the police in Boston.”
During the initative, police have provided 15 people with advice, moved 52 people on from the area, seized alcohol on 32 occasions, issued four people with section 27 notices, given out three anti-social behaviour letters and arrested five people.
The focus of officers in the town centre has now shifted to reducing anti-social behaviour in the run up to Christmas.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: South west