Fire and rescue have said that a blaze at a Boston home was suspected to have been caused by the reflection from the sun on a magnifying glass.
Crews from Boston, Kirton and Leverton attended a conservatory fire at a semi-detached property in Sunningdale Drive at 11.03am.
The fire was extinguished using four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera.
A spokesman said there was severe damage by fire and smoke to a 5mx5m UPVC conservatory, severe damage by smoke and moderate damage by fire to a dining room and light damage by smoke to the kitchen.
Meanwhile, outside there was severe damage by fire to 10m of fencing, facia boards and guttering.
The spokesman added that the suspected cause of the fire was the reflection from the sun onto a magnifying glass, which ignited a set of curtains.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west