A man arrested last week in relation to a shooting incident has been released on police bail.
Officers arrested a 28-year-old man on Thursday night after a 50-year-old was taken to Pilgrim Hospital with a shotgun wound to the chest.
A spokesman confirmed he has now been released on bail to return to Boston Police Station at a later date when officers have completed their inquiries.
The injured man is said to still be in hospital in intensive care but his condition is improving.
Friday: A man who sparked a police investigation after turning up to Pilgrim Hospital with a shotgun wound is said to be in a stable condition.
The 50-year-old underwent emergency surgery at the hospital after being taken in at about 8pm last night.
Officers will spend today taking full statements from those involved to try to determine the exact nature of what happened.
A 28-year-old was arrested in connection with the incident yesterday and police have said that early indications suggest this was a ‘domestic’ incident.
Thursday, 11.30pm: A man was taken in Boston Pilgrim Hospital tonight after suffering a shotgun injury to the chest. The 50-year-old, from Old Leake, was taken to the hospital by a relative just before 8pm, prompting a police investigation.
The man is said to be undergoing emergency surgery and is described as being in a ‘critical condition’.
Officers are continuing to investigate the incident but suggest that from their early inquiries it appears to be ‘domestic-related’.
They have arrested a 28-year-old man in connection with the incident. He is currently at Boston Police Station helping police with their inquiries.
A force spokesman stressed that the alleged shooting did not take place at the hospital site after rumours on social networking websites.
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101, quoting incident number 406 of August 22.