A MISCONDUCT complaint made against officers at Boston Borough Council has been thrown out by the authority, after an investigation found that no inappropriate activity had taken place.
Several staff at the council were accused of bending licensing rules to allow the Boston BID-organised Boston Beat to take place in Central Park, but the investigation discovered that correct procedures had been followed.
It means that no further action will be taking place in respect of the complaint, which was made by former BID director Darron Abbott.
In his complaint, Mr Abbott said neither BID nor the events company which was organising the event had notified the council’s enviromental health department that it would be using the venue – which is covered by its own events licence – within the requisite 28 days, meaning that by letting the event take place, the authority was breaking the licensing laws.
He added that a music concert organised by Boston Town chairman Mick Vines had to be cancelled in May as it was not granted a licence.
The issue was raised after Mr Abbott saw a leaked internal email from economic development officer at the council to other staff, stating that although the council had not specifically been contacted about the event, it did support the idea.
But according to the council’s investigation, that was not an issue, as it transpired the correct officers were aware of the event, even if others were not.
A spokesman said: “Investigations do not show that the complaint of misconduct has any foundation or substance and the event in question bears no resemblance to the event referred to in the complaint, which was an entirely different event with different requirements. There will be a recommendation of no further action in respect of the complaint.
Boston Beat had been due to take place on July 21, but was cancelled because of bad weather.